Wednesday, November 7, 2012

USA!

The election is over and Mitt Romney, despite his amazing efforts, sadly won't be leading our country. I would have loved to see what he could have done for us, but all we can do now is move forward. Ahh I am so happy that the election is over! I have seen the ugly sides of people throughout this entire campaign and I am thrilled for it all to go away :) 

I couldn't vote this year, since I'm not a California resident but I really wish I could have. Not that it would have made any difference, but I actually cared a lot about this election and I think it's important to exercise our rights. 

I've seen a lot of people on Facebook panicking that this is going to be the end of the world as we know it. Maybe because of the "Obama 2016" video, which I've heard is dang scary, but I think America is going to be just fine over the next 4 years. Even if our economy continues to decline, we're going to be okay. Just keep working hard and saving your money, everything will be fine. 

What truly matters to me is what's going on in the church today. We have our Prophet, President Monson who communicates with God for us. We can pray to our Heavenly Father and receive the answers we are looking for. I trust in them and all of the leaders in our church to guide and direct us. I'm not going to fear for our country until they tell us otherwise. This is an article from www.mormonnewsroom.org about the election and I find it very comforting. 

The First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued the following statement Tuesday:
We congratulate President Obama on winning a second term as President of the United States.
After a long campaign, this is now a time for Americans to come together. It is a long tradition among Latter-day Saints to pray for our national leaders in our personal prayers and in our congregations. We invite Americans everywhere, whatever their political persuasion, to pray for the President, for his administration and the new Congress as they lead us through difficult and turbulent times. May our national leaders reflect the best in wisdom and judgment as they fulfill the great trust afforded to them by the American people.
We also commend Governor Romney for engaging at the highest level of our democratic process, which, by its nature, demands so much of those who offer themselves for public service. We wish him and his family every success in their future endeavors.

Instead of speaking more ugly words about Obama (even if I think them) I am going to pray for him, that he can be the leader our country needs at this time. Also, another thing to think about is that a majority of the decisions Obama will make in the future most likely won't have any effect on our personal lives.

Exhibit A: Zack & Matt haha

Even though I've been going on and on about how all of us need to get over the fact that Obama was re-elected, it's still okay to poke a little fun :) Glenna and I made this last night during Obama's victory speech. We were grumpy. We're over now and moving on though, but it's still a little funny hahah.


One last thing.. in honor of the election, if you haven't seen these bad lip reading videos yet, you've got to watch them!! SO funny!!
Those three are my favorite.. they are soo good.
USA! USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment