Friday, May 10, 2013

best advice

"You don't ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance. You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and 'continues' to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go."
-Danielle Koepke

You have no idea how much I needed to read this! It's been hard for me to realize that it's okay to let go of people. Just because they have a certain title in your life doesn't mean you have to keep them there. 

I've been in the process of emotionally removing certain people from my life, even though they'll always be around. And ever since I've done so I've felt like I've just done myself the biggest favor in the world. Plus realizing those people don't care at all about how they've made me feel, just reassures me that I've done the right thing. 

Everyone deserves to be happy! Don't ever let anyone treat you less than you deserve, ever. If someone can't see you for the amazing person you are, they don't belong in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment