Monday, November 28, 2011

Hauntober Week in big UT

My sweet, amazing, wonderful husband has been SO good to me and has actually been taking me home to Utah every month like he told me he would(although he's exhausted, poor thing). I love going home because I can be with friends and family again and kind of, recharge my battery for being a long way from home. Who knew being in another state would be so hard?? I sure didn't. Nothing cures homesickness though like spending time with the love of my life in this beautiful city on the beach. We are so lucky, I know this, and yet I still miss home in Utah. Why am I like this? Idk.. Thankfully CA and UT are so close so we can travel back and forth and we are both happy :) I love my sweety so much!! Anywaysss... this is a little recap of our October trip back to Utah.


 We decided to drive to Utah this month and along the way stop at my sweet grandparents house in Panguitch, UT for a night.
 This is VOLCANO MT! Our families secret and most favorite place in Panguitch to go hiking.
 Since it's October, we are hiking during prime hunting season.... so we made sure to wear ORANGE and stick out to all the big guns.

 Doesn't it look like the moon or something crazy?? I seriously love this place. You jump boulder to boulder and climb up to the top. 
 No one really knows where all of these gigantic volcanic rocks came from... but there are A LOT of them! Some say the lake used to be an ancient volcano. 
 The view once on top is breathtaking. You can see all the way to Bryce Canyon's gorgeous red rock statues. Incredible.
During Thanksgiving we come up around here with our cousins (The Shupes) and help them pick out the perfect Christmas tree to chop down. Can you see why?? Yeah talk about prime tree hunting!


 This is the beautiful Panguitch Lake! Possibly an ancient volcano.... who knows!? Also to give you a hint about the kind of fishing going on here, Panguitch means: BIG FISH! Yeahhh baby. 
 This is main street in Panguitch. I love shopping here. I always find treasure. I bought a beautiful turquoise pendant from this indian store. Most of the shops close during the winter, so we luckily made it in during their last week of the season.
 These are my grandparents! They are my true heros. I look up to them and dream of one day becoming as wonderful as they are. They constantly give, volunteer and serve others who are in need. They work so hard and more than anything they are just full of LLOVEEE. They warm my heart :)



TUMBLINN a TIME
 Here are just a couple pics from PPT. Jamie and I came here twice this week! We're kind of obsessed. Jamie becomes like part monkey here, she is nuts. We have some awesome videos. I could stay here ALL day!! This is my heaven. Awwwww. SO fun!

If you haven't been here yet, COMEEEE! 


 What is a Utah trip without a little doggie roasting up in the canyon during gorgeous FALL time?? We couldn't not come do this.
 Nikole and Stephen are profesh when it comes to fire starting! I feel bad just sitting back taking pictures of them hard at work haha, but I would probably destroy their progress... so trust me, I'm doing you a favor!
 Somehow we ALWAYS end up matching. Seriously almost everyday! It's the best when we both wear purple haha.
 Nikole is one the my bestest friends EVER! I am so lucky to have found her in my journey through life. She is a long lost sister!! Always will be :) Love you!
 Doggies and smores = best din!!!


 BIGGEST SHOCKER OF THE WEEK, MONTH, YEARRR: my sweet little baby sister is ENGAGED!!! 19 yrs old but I swear she is still 6. Weird! I am SOOO happy for her! January 6th she will be sealed for time and all eternity to Chris in the SLC temple. I'm so excited that I am going to be able to be in the temple with her :) Congrats you two!


 Okay, I am in LOVEEE with my little niece and nephew :)I don't think they could get any cuter... seriously! (I'm sure everyone thinks the same thing about their own) but I am just obsessed with these little nuggets.
 Colton has more energy than I can even attempt to keep up with. He just loves the trampoline!!! Check out our hair hahah.

 "juuump, jump JUUMMPPP!!"
 He is the happiest little boy in the world when he is on the tramp, playing with a ball, sees a light or a horse! Haha and he loves his aunties :) He calls all of us "caaa". He got it from my sister Jessica's name hahah. 
 I love my big sis :)She is so perdy :)
 New game... he's hooked!
 I love my family!!


 This is my beautiful mama!! She is hilarious- no one makes me laugh harder than she can.
 Visiting my little brother Cyrus and my mommy is ALWAYS a blast. We just laugh and laugh and laugh. I love emmm!!


 HALLOWEEN DINNER/MOVIE PARTY
Hot dog or Banana?? Banana..
Zack..... oh Zack hahah his costume was nothing less than perfect! It was entertaining all night. Hahahah so fun!
Best idea!! EASY A. I love it! Hahaha They totally nailed it. I love you guys. 
 Most realistic/SCARIEST costume of the night! The eyes, the blood, the hair, their mannerisms. Perfect. What's a Halloween party without zombies??? I love this!!
 Classic Zack. Love you bebe!! Hahahha
 CUTE! I love their costumes!! Lauren's dog loved their costumes too... he chewed on that bone all night haha.
 "cheap ass Halloween costumes" hahahhaha you guys... love it!

 Lauren cooked us homemade soup, pretzels and cupcakes. Chels brought a yummy salad and Kate made some more delish cupcakes! MMMMMMMMMM!!! I watched Lauren and Tyson frost the cupcakes while I made the broom stick candy bags lol (cupcakes were my assignment but Tysen had such incred frosting skills).. Such a fun dinner!
 Even as a scary zombie, Jamie is still gorgeous! We're missing Jess though :( BYU has consumed her life...

 I love our costumes:)I think our first Halloween as a married couple was a success! I love you so much sweetheart :)
 ...rawwwr.
 Not only is October 31st Halloween, it is also Chelsi's BIRTHDAY!! Little Halloween baby!! 23!! Love you girl!
 Beautiful Laur. This night would not have been possible without her. She is de besscht!
 Laur and Ty's frosting skills. Profesh! I placed the candy corn hahah.. YUM!
 The ladies... and my banana snuck in hahah.
 Indulge we will :)
 My banana man snuck in again hahah!
 Yup, we're both wearing lady tights. Cute eh?
 Kate's incred cupcakes! Girl you have skill!
I am so impressed. 

 Seriously some of the best friends I have. I am so lucky to be blessed with such an amazing group of friends! I love ya'll!
 Cutest couple?? I think yes!


 Whiskers is the most lovable, cudable kitty. Just look at him!! Sweetie kitty.

 ...and this is our skillful pumpkin art
hahah that we carved at my old singles ward. My sisters and Nikole had to go help, so we figured, ehhh why not?? It was fun.
 My pup Dixie is the love of my life! (well aside from my hubs). I've had her for over 10 years! She is the sweetest thang.
 Ohhh and Hershey LOVES her belly rub! She goes from running a million miles a minute to seriously drooling and snoozing as soon as your fingers start rubbing her belly. Love her!
 <333


 My dad turned our garage into a gun safe show room. This is only a fraction of what is looks like, but it is beautiful in there! 
Dad you are amazing!


 We love lunch at Blue Lemon :)
 We have so much fun together.
My fav: Diet Coke and Sugar Cookie!
 Love you Laur!


 Susan's birthday is a couple days before Halloween so I went and bought her a cake and before we could even sing her a full "happy birthday" she blew out the candles. Hahah. She doesn't like the attention. 
 After some cake we went to din at Texas Roadhouse- mmmm my fav. Great time! The rolls..... oh man. The rolls. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.


 Zack likes to experiment with WEIRD food.. as in making cheese... or BOILING DR PEPPER! It was as disgusting as it sounds. Take my word for it! Ewwwww.


I took this while I was (driving) to the dentist. Beautifulllll! I want to go for a ride in a hot air balloon someday :)


 Worst part of our trip was going to the dentist twice and multiple Dr appointments. One of which, was the allergist.. which led to allergy testing!! I hate doing this. They concluded I'm allergic to ALL animals with hair/fur, dust, chemicals, weeds, grasses, mold.... everything they test you for! hahaha. Oh joy. Talk about itchy arm!!!


Even though I'm allergic to the animal kingdom we can still have outdoor pets. So Nikole and I did a little pre-pet shopping :) I'm dreaming of next year when hopefully we will have a little yard for some pets!!
I'm thinking about getting a little bunny for now that we can keep on our balcony and I can take him for hops in the park everyday :)
 BUT.... when we do finally have a yard Zack and I both want an adorable little kitty!!! I can't wait. I love them :)


This was the sunrise the morning we drove back to CA. The sky is so beautiful.
And... of course our life insurance to keep us awake during our 12 hr journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment