Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Family History

Family history is my new favorite! I have fallen in love with the stories from my great grandparents, some who died before I ever got the chance to meet them, but I can already tell from their life experiences that we have so much in common. I'm so excited to learn more about my ancestors because it's so AMAZING and soo cool that these incredible people are my family! It will be a beautiful day when we are all reunited after this life.

I recently found an article about my great grandpa Frandsen online that literally took my breath away. It was written in his own words. He told his story and the many, many spiritual experiences he had during his life time. He did so much good for others working as an instrument in God's hands and I can't even imagine the amazing things he is now doing on the other side. While reading I was overcome with the spirit and cried while I read. It was amazing and so inspiring. I think I stumbled upon this for a reason, because it changed me. It made me think about what I am doing everyday and what I should be doing better. I know I'm here for an important purpose, although I don't know what yet. I'm trying to live my life in accordance with the gosple so I can stay in tune with the spirit and live up to my full potential. I will cherish his story forever and I can't wait to read about his parents and their parents and so on. My Grandma Frandsen has put so much work into geneology. She has books and books and books full of our family history and a bunch of their personal stories. I cant wait to look through them when we are there for Thanksgiving. I really hope I can help make a big difference in my family's Temple work as well. Every time I go back to the Temple I have a neat spiritual experience so I am trying to record them all in my journal. I am SO thankful for the family I have been blessed with and I'm excited for the day when Zack and I start creating our own. 

2 comments:

  1. I think your family is the bomb.com and I'm excited to see what kind of awesome your family with Zack will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see you and Matt's family some day! We'll probably all have the coolest kids ever who will be friends and go on cool adventures together like us.

      Delete