Monday, April 15, 2013

What a day

Zack loves the idea of homeschooling our children one day. He wants them to grow up on a boat while sailing around the world. He wants them to experience life and learn about business first hand. (I'm pretty sure Zack hated school haha). We always joke argue about this. I for one loved going to school, but I think my friends were the ones to thank for that. 

Anywho, after everything that's happened in the past year homeschool sounds perfect. With all the public shootings and now the Boston marathon bombing, I'm not sure I feel all that safe anymore. Who knows what will be happening by the time we start having kids. 

My sister Jess is the marathon queen. She almost made it to Boston this year and now I'm so thankful she didn't. We all would have been there cheering her on by the finish line. I can't imagine what it would be like to be there in person and see so many injured people fighting for their lives. Seeing the pictures and news footage from today made me cry. I feel so sad for everyone who has been affected by this tragedy. I really hope that everyone who was injured/lost someone will be able to pull through.

Lots of prayers for Boston today.

Also- young girl from Provo is missing. That's got to be every parents worst fear. It's been amazing though to see everyone sharing her picture and description. I hope more than anything that they can bring this little girl home safely.


It's comforting knowing that there are still so many good people out there. It's amazing to see complete strangers step up when disaster hits and turn into someone's hero. I heard a story from Boston today about these ladies who were in one of the buildings that was blasted by a bomb. They were near some children when it happened, who quickly asked them if a bad man had done this. They could see how scared the children were, so they tried to comfort them by saying it was just some fireworks that had accidentally gone off inside. Then they ran with these children in their arms until they were blocks away from the danger. 


It's hard feeling safe sometimes, when so many bad things keep happening. I don't want to live in fear or worry myself to death, because really what good does that do? I think the only thing you can do is cherish every wonderful day, do the things the make you happy and spend time with the people you love. 

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment