Sunday, September 1, 2013

Newport

The White family (my sister Jamie's husband & in-laws) were in Newport for a week. I drove down towards the end of the week and spent the day with them. It was SO fun getting to spend some time with Jamie surfing, bodyboarding, and exploring Newport.
The waves were overhead and there was a strong rip tide that had already pulled someone out to sea, so playing out in the ocean was so crazy. I loved it! We stayed away from the huge waves because my sister and I aren't the best swimmers haha.
Teaching Jamie how to surf. She did so good!
This was the coolest sandbar.
We found a possum!
Ferry ride to Balboa Island.
Balboa Island was cool for a minute.
That evening I took family pictures for the Whites on the beach. It was a lot of fun! I'm glad Jamie married into such a great family.

After the sun went down I started my drive home, which is about a 3 hour trip. Zack didn't want me to have to drive home alone so he drove to Santa Monica and met up with me, and then we caravanned home together :) How amazing is he?? He spent 4 hours driving up and down the coast just to make sure I made it home safe. I have the best husband!



No comments:

Post a Comment