Sunday, March 17, 2013

Big Bear

I've been really homesick lately, but Zack always cheers me up and keeps me happier than ever. Last Saturday he drove me up to Big Bear to go snowboarding :) I've never ridden in CA, and I've always wanted to see Big Bear so basically it was amazing. He really is the greatest husband I could have ever dreamed of having. Big Bear is a 7 hour round trip from where we live, but that didn't stop him from giving me the best day ever. I'm so lucky!!

It was really funny on the drive up the mountain there were 100+ cars pulled over putting chains on, trucks/jeeps included. There was absolutely NO snow on the road. It was only wet in a few places, but overall dry, and everyone was panicking and putting chains on! I couldn't stop laughing. These people even tried to sell us chains for $40, but then they saw our Utah license plate and realized we weren't idiots like everyone else. Holy mac.

Anyways we had the greatest day riding. It had been snowing all that week, so we got to shred some fresh pow pow. I never imaged I'd be riding Utah worthy snow in California. It was so fun! I fell in love with Big Bear. The lake is gorgeous and the town felt like Park City. I felt right at home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment