Wednesday, March 13, 2013

heartbroken

Zack and I have fallen in love with ocean kayaking. It's soo fun! Since we don't have our own kayaks yet we've been renting them out of the harbor. 

We went out two Saturdays ago, on what started out as the perfect day. It was amazing, first this seal came up out of the water right next to my kayak and swam around me. I loved it, seals are the cutest!

Then after I saw the seal I wanted to go out into the main channel passed the wharf where a bunch of seals pile onto this big buoy, so Zack and I set sail (paddling) towards it. On our way out to the buoy huge boats kept racing passed us creating big waves and making us nervous, because we didn't want to get run over. So after we were already pretty far out we decided it would be best to head back towards the harbor, to avoid any accidents. 

Well on our way back in some big boat waves came up from behind me and flipped my kayak over! I had my gopro sitting on my lap, not attached to anything (because falling in was the last thing on my mind) so sadly, it sank to the bottom of the ocean :( Meanwhile I'm in shock that I'm in the water so I hurry and flip my kayak and climb back in just as fast as I can (we were out where it was really deep so I was worried about sharks, like I always am).

Anyways if you know me I LOVE camera's and documenting my life via photos. Whenever I lose a camera or pictures that haven't been downloaded to my computer I feel like I've lost a child. (too dramatic?) Anyways it's very devastating for me.

When I was back in the kayak and realized I had lost my gopro and the pictures on it I couldn't help but cry. Since there was nothing we could do we just continued on with our adventure and had a great rest of the day, even though I was heartbroken. Zack felt bad I was sad so he spent all day trying to keep me cheered up. He is the sweetest. Hopefully I can save up some mula soon and get myself a new gopro.


Before :)


After :(




No comments:

Post a Comment