Thursday, December 15, 2011

flying

(I was writing this blog post while we were at LAX last night waiting for our flight..... and I finished writing it while we were flying.) 



Flying scares meee.. Like a lot.
As in it's all I've been thinking about since I woke up this morning, 
(Well not really.. I was thinking about all the Christmas shopping I wanted to get done before we left, but that's not the point)... 
Anyways our flight leaves at 7pm so that gives me basically the entire day to stress... 
UGH... 
and I've been biting my nails  ever since we got to to the airport, 
(ew worst habit evvver I know. 
Give me a break while I freak out). 

So here's the thing- I know the chances of a plane crashing are slim and I know it's safer than driving somewhere in your car, 
BUT I'm a reeeally safe driver and I like being in control of situations and being 10,000 feet up in the sky, 
sitting in coach wondering if I'm safe while I wait for some water and pretzels is not in control. 
(I still fly places, obviously, I just don't enjoy it all that much eek). 

Usually when we are waiting to board the plane, like I am right now, I look around at all the people that will be on our flight and think, "okay if we crash, live and end up in the middle of nowhere.. this is who we will be spending a lot of time with.. while we wait to be rescued.. if we are rescued.. whatever. 
I wonder if there will be a doctor.... A criminal...... A drug addict..... Some cool people maybe..." Hahah you get the idea. (LOST... obsessed.. Obvi).

2 hours some mcdonalds and a bag 
of sour gummy worms later...
 We're sitting on the plane, waiting for everyone to find a seat, & crossing our fingers that we get our little 3 seater row to ourselves... Nope. 
I just lost my window seat grr..  
So much for discouraging others by sitting in the middle and isle seats. 
The pre flight anxiety is gone and now im just annoyed...ugh... 
No chance of looking at the pretty city lights anymore, now I'm just 
sandwiched between two men... 
At least I love one of them :) 

Before I know it we are taking off. Holy shiiiz my heart starts beating freakishly out of control and I close my eyes and squeeze Zacks hand while I say a little prayer in my head..
Then I start feeling guilty for the brat I've been today...... 
(Flying stress I'm sorry baby) 
and then I think to myself, 
"Its gonna be okay.. whatever happens is part of Heavenly Fathers plan, so relax." 
Zack holds me tight and tells me 
"They've done this a million times, it's going to be okay." 
He always comforts me when I'm scared. What would i do with out him?? 

And as it always is.. take off isn't bad.. like at all. I kind of laugh because it's sort of fun, I have to admit... 
(Unless there is turbulance- in that case my heart is on the verge of exploding and I think death is coming).
Oh gosh.... 
And now The flying over the ocean to do a u-turn to back Utah part always makes me nervous. YIKES...
 Thanks to my other fear: SHARKS! 
Which I refuse to think about right now.

 At least now we are above the clouds, where the air is smoother. Aww I'm listening to our wedding playlist and getting heavy eyes.
See ya soon Utah!

No comments:

Post a Comment